Sticky Trap horsefly trap glue
Sizes: 0,5L 1,5L & 3,5L
Selling price: £16.99 - £34,99 - £58.99
Sticky Trap Horsefly Trap Glue is what makes our traps sticky! The Sticky Trap Glue has been specially developed for catching horseflies, hornets, stable flies, and other biting insects around people and livestock. The basic recipe originated in the US and is used around the world to catch aggressive biting insects. Sticky Trap Horsefly Trap Glue is made from natural minerals, light brown in colour, sticks for a long period (up to 20 weeks!), and will not attract pollinating insects such as bees and butterflies. Sticky Trap Horsefly Trap Glue’s unique recipe makes it water and heat resistant up to 70 degrees Celsius. It is also eco-friendly and completely safe to use!
How to use Sticky Trap horsefly trap glue ?
Sticky Trap Glue has been specially developed for catching horseflies, hornets, stable flies, and other harmful biting and irritating insects around people and livestock in a natural way without the use of pesticides. Sticky Trap Horsefly Trap Glue is made from natural minerals, is light brown in colour, sticks for a long period (up to 20 weeks), and will not attract pollinating insects such as bees and butterflies.
Sticky Trap has an adhesive power that is specially designed to catch small biting insects and is completely harmless to all others (humans & animals). We do recommend hanging traps out reach and not apply more then a thin layer (1 -2 mm.)
Apply the Sticky Trap glue to the object with a brush or spatula. Traps can be made of various materials, however plastic is the most suitable. For biting horseflies we recommend a black bucket. Hang it upside down in an open area so it can move in the wind and get warm and attract the biting horsefly. Inside stables and barns white buckets, milk cartons and similar products can be used to catch (stable) flies. Buckets can be easily cleaned using a spatula, so can be used year after year. For more information, building guides and videos visit: www.sticky-trap.eu
With 1,5 L you can prepare 30 Horsefly traps with a black buckets !
Benefits Sticky Trap horsefly-trap glue:
- The worlds leading number 1 flytrap glue
- The only glue when making horsefly traps & insects traps
- Made to the highest quality 100% Economic made from natural ingredients, free from pesticides
- Up to 30 horsefly traps can be made with a 1,5L bucket of Sticky Trap.
- Buckets are easily cleaned with a spatula, can be used year after year.
- Rain and heat resistant up 70 degrees
- Safe for humans and animals
- Insects that pollinates such as bees, butterflies and other important species will not be attracted to sticky trap
How to make the cheapest horsefly trap?
- Drill a hole in the top of the bucket and string a rope through the hole. Run the rope through a metal ring and tie a knot so that the rope cannot go back through the hole. A big and sturdy knot may suffice as well.
- Screw a small hook in the underside of a bar that is approximately 50cm long. Hang the rope that is attached to the bucket on the hook (see picture). The ideal height of the bucket is 100 cm above the ground.
- Mount the bar onto one of the field poles. It’s important that it is placed near vegetation, if possible. It should also catch enough sunlight so that the bucket can get warm.
- The placing has to be in an open area, so that the bucket can move in the wind. Finally apply glue to the outside of the bucket. Wear gloves, it’s called sticky for a reason!
- The bucket should hang outside of the field. If not, your horse will brush against the trap, the flies will stick to your horse not the trap! This will not harm your horse, but it’s certainly not pleasant.
Watch here how to build the cheapest Sticky Trap Horsefly-trap with a black bucket ( Video)
Besides the usage near horses, cattle’s or other animals, the Sticky Trap horsefly glue is also ideal for camp sides, swim and recreation parks, gardens and other places where horseflies / biting and ennoying insects are active!
Sticky Trap Glue Trap Complete
Selling price: £167,99
The Sticky Trap glue trap brings peace to you, your horses and other livestock. With the Sticky Trap glue trap, you quickly, cheaply and simply deal with the nuisance of horseflies. This horsefly trap catches horseflies, hornets, blind mosquitos and small biting insects in a natural way without using pesticides and because of this, it is a safe and reliable solution when taking care of horsefly plagues. Bees, butterflies and other important insects which take care of the dispersal of flora and fauna are looking for nectar and sweet things, so they are not attracted to the Sticky Trap. The glue sticks up to 20 weeks and can only be used for catching small bugs and is not harmful to people or other animals. However, we do advise placing the horsefly trap out of reach.The Sticky Trap glue trap is strong and will be delivered complete, including stand (steel frame), horsefly ball and 1,5 liter of Sticky Trap horsefly glue.
Your horses and other livestock will be grateful!
Sticky Trap Glue Trap complete being used at:
- Riding schools, pensions and countryside living
- Livestock farms
- Camping and outdoor places
- Swimming fields and sporting areas
- Any other places that suffers from a horsefly plague!
How does the Sticky Trap glue trap complete works?
The horsefly is an insect which uses blood to procreate and to make eggs. The female horsefly searches for her prey using infrared eyes and while she is flying, she is scanning the environment for heat sources. Everything which is warm and moves, in her eyes, contains blood and is a potential prey to bite. With a razor-sharp beak, she horsefly cuts open the skin and starts to drink the blood.
Things that are considered as prey to the horsefly are: Humans, horses, cows and other livestock.
1. The horsefly trap has a black and moving ball which is heated up by the sun.
2. The horsefly sees this as a prey and lands on the ball to bite it.
3. The horsefly ball of the Sticky Trap glue trap contains a special clue which traps the landed horsefly.
The horsefly glue sticks for 8-22 weeks and can be applied loosely with the included brush. You can apply new glue over the old one. Cleaning the ball can be simply done with a spatula. (tip: roll the ball around in the sand first) With 1.5 litre of horsefly glue, you can apply the glue to the ball up to 6 times. The steel frame of the Sticky Trap glue trap has been galvanized and can stay outside during the winter.
For the longest lifespan, we advise to store the Sticky Trap glue trap in a dry and frost-free environment.
De Sticky Trap horsefly trap black bucket
( prepared and ready for use )
Lots of people who want to start working on the budget horseflytrap want to build one directly can use the sticky trap bucket complete. The Sticky Trap black bucket is prepared, ready for use and fixed to catch! The rope is about 40 cm long, it got a drilling screw at the end of it and the iron handle has been taken of for better movement. The only thing you have to do is hang it up at 80 -100 cm from the ground a sunny place near the problem. We advise to hanging the trap at the place where you will also get air movement (wind) to make the bucket move better. We advise to put 3-4 traps at 10.000 m2 / 5 horses (around them) or 2 in a normal garden. The next thing is to take a brush and put the Sticky Trap horsefly trap glue on to the bucket. To get a thicker and more sticky coating brush the bucket an extra time after several weeks.
De Sticky Trap Pole New!
Selling price: £16.99
Sticky Trap Pole
It is of course very important to hang a Sticky Trap horsefly-trap made with a black bucket and our sticky Trap glue in the right way. This can be done in various ways, for example with a bar on your gate or meadow pole close to the animals or at your fence in the garden. When the horsefly-trap is well hung, in the right place you will experience more pleasure and higher catches!
The basics of placing of the Sticky Trap are very simple, counts for every horsefly-trap and consists of the following 3 points:
The right basics of placing a horseflytrap
- Horseflies, hornets and similar biting insects only hunt with their infrared eyes on a combination of heat and movement.
- The black bucket or ball should hang on sunny spot at a height of 100 cm from the ground and must be able to move freely.
- The spot must be open where light wind blows, which causes the black bucket or ball to move ( Light swings )
There are, of course, many locations where it is difficult to place the horseflytrap properly, such as in a meadow, by the swimming pool, golf course, camping or in the garden. In addition , it takes a lot of time, work and in some situations the eye wants something too. The Sticky Trap pole has designed fort his! The pole is nice looking , the right height ( 145 cm) and can be placed anywhere. The placement is done by means of two lancing pins which you push with your foot into the ground. The Sticky Trap flytrap pole is made from 9 mm black coated steel to handle wind and weather.
De Sticky Trap brush 38 mm
The Sticky Trap brush is ideal for applying our special insect glue to any material. You can store the brush in a small plastic bag so it can be re-used time after time!
Sticky Trap fly trap ball 60 cm
Black ball for horsefly trap
The Sticky Trap flytrap ball is made for catching horseflies, botflies and other biting insects which hunt for heat and movement. The ball has made from black rubber, has a diameter of 60cm and has a logo of Sticky Trap on the front side.
How to build flytrap with the Sticky Trap Ball?
- The ball needs to hang a sunny and windy spot around you or the animals.
- Apply the Sticky Trap glue which a brush thin 1-2 mm thick to the outside of the ball.
- Horseflies will see the moving sun warmed ball as prey and will get caught on landing.
Cleaning of the ball can be done with a spatula so the ball can be re-used.
Video of the Sticky Trap flytrap ball.
Ideal to use in combination with the Sticky Trap Pole (145 cm) to hang the trap in every location. For example near horses and livestock, by the pool, in your garden and any other place where problems occurs wit biting insects.